Why ECO: The ECO Advantage of Permeable Pavers
EP Henry ECO Permeable Pavers…
- allow rainwater to naturally filter and return to the ground,
instead of collecting pollutants and debris while flowing into
sewers, local streams and waterways.
- permit water absorption into the soil, which reduces stormwater
runoff flooding and erosion.
- lessen the impact and stress on existing local storm sewer
systems through reduced peak discharges.
- increase curb appeal as an attractive alternative for drives
- provide a reservoir or percolation field for surface water to
re-enter ground aquifers.
- are compatible with sub-surface rainwater harvesting technologies
that recycle water for irrigation and other non-potable uses.
- promote tree survival and growth.
- can contribute to urban heat-island reduction through
evaporation and through the use of reflective, light-colored
- are winter-friendly…snow melt drains via paver joints, reducing
slippery, icy surfaces and the need for harsh deicing
- can be excavated for underground utility repairs, if needed,
and reinstalled with no "patch" appearance and no loss of
- reduce the need for drainage culverts and mitigation ponds,
saving open space for alternate use, as well as eliminating the
expense of piping stormwater to a drainage outfall.
- may qualify for tax credits and water bill savings.